GRANITE CITY, Ill. – Revity Credit Union is certainly growing, but in a way that respects its founding 82 years ago as GCS Credit Union. In 1941, the credit union was just a single office in Granite City, Ill. serving mill workers. Today, it is a full-service financial institution serving 18 counties in the Metro East and Southern Illinois.
“We are proud of our 82-year history and mission. We know change is constant, and we must adapt to our members’ needs. We will always stay true to our mission of serving our members, and are excited for this revitalization of the future,” said Revity Credit Union President and CEO
Everything in the credit union’s deliberate rebranding process to serve existing and future generations of members is found in its newest location in Edwardsville being built by Contegra Construction Co. Located at the Contegra Construction Co.-built Ironworks Retail Plaza, it is a prime connection point for members. Its brick façade, glass curtain wall and Alucobond metal paneling stand out. Interior space includes a lobby and teller area, along with office space and conference rooms that create a modern environment. It also includes stylish finishes, LED lighting and lower-level storage. The credit union offers two drive-through banking lanes and an ATM. It recently launched a new web site – RevityCU.com – and a new mobile app that delivers convenient digital credit union services to its members within its 18-county field of membership.
Contegra is privileged to build for many commercial and industrial clients. That includes several projects more than a million square feet in size. But Revity’s two‐story, 13,498‐square‐foot credit union that physically conveys an exciting new era for one of our best-known hometown firms carries special meaning. We look forward to its continued growth as it blends convenient online services with a customized personal touch for its members that has been its legacy.